We are pleased to advise that a policy decision under the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program is allowing Iranians to submit a Citizenship by Investment application under the following conditions
We are pleased to advise that a policy decision under the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Program is allowing Iranians to submit a Citizenship by Investment application under the following conditions:
- Be lawfully and an actual resident outside of Iran for a minimum of 1 year, including all dependents above 18 years;
- Provide properly and clear documented proof of funds originating from outside of Iran;
- Have no direct exposure through business or education to specific activities in areas of UN sanctions such as gas and nuclear industries.
To assist the CIU in the due diligence process, an Iranian applicant should also submit, if applicable the following documents or information:
- Documentary evidence of title, copies of leases, utility bills and bank accounts;
- If the applicant is the holder of a residence permit for Canada, UK and or EU countries.
- If the holder of an official license from the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) or a Special Economic measure Permit Authorization Order (SEMPA) issued by the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any similar instrument by a European Union Member State within the past 24 months;
- Whether the applicant has a verifiable record of travel or study in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada or EU and /or dual citizenship which entailed an evaluation process.
Please note that the time frame for the final decision may be exceed in the Iranian applicants under the citizenship by Antigua and Barbuda Program due to the due diligence.
If you would like to have more information or assistance preparing your Citizenship by Investment applications, one of our lawyers would be pleased to assist you.